Location: Seville, Spain
First Prize (competition),
Best built works in Seville 2005-2010: Selected
Developer: Regional Government
Duarte & Ass.
The elementary school “J.M. del Campo”, located in the historical quarter of Triana, constitutes one of the best examples of Sevillian school architecture. Designed by the well-known local architect Aníbal González, in 1909, it has become one of the most representative urban items in Triana and its rehabilitation was launched to commemorate the centenary. The rehabilitation of the building was faced with the intention of maintaining and highlighting its original values, but without losing the aim of a contemporary architectural language. All the new elements were thought to establish a soft dialogue with the pre-existent ones, in order to achieve a full integration in the existing heritage structure.